Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women has played a major role in capacity building and imparting high quality technical education to the women of our country. The University aims to incubate new ideas, encourage innovations and research work in multidisciplinary areas of Engineering, Science and Technology. The University offers a number of U.G., P.G., and Ph.D programmes in the area of Engineering, Architecture and Technology. The objective of the University is to promote research among young women and to provide knowledge workers to boost the knowledge economy of our country The MHRD has approved the establishment of a Design Innovation Centre (DIC) at IGDTUW Delhi to focus on innovations around engineering products, add value to the available engineering designs and promote incubation of start-up companies. Several innovative ideas are being hatched for developing a new pedagogy in teaching and training in design, development and new fabrications and techniques.
DIC @ IGDTUW works in collaboration and under the mentorship of IIT Delhi with following objectives –
1. To enhance knowledge and impart training to students leading towards innovation.
2. To provide laboratory facilities in specified areas of technical expertise and guide students to develop targeted prototypes and products.
3. To develop facilities for testing and optimisation of prototypes and user trails.
4. To evolve team work driven by synergies required for incubating start-ups and to promote entrepreneurship.
5. To facilitate patent filing for innovative ideas and products.
I convey my best wishes to the team working at DIC to succeed in all their endeavours and realise the dreams of creating indigenous designs and home grown fabrication technology.