Professor and HoD in CSE Department PI- Projects(DIC,MEK,Intel,ITRA) Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for women,Delhi-110006
Dr. S. Ramanarayana Reddy is working as a Professor in Computer Science &Engg dept of Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW), Delhi. He is currently acting as a Head of the Department, Computer Science and Eng. Dept, IGDTUW. He has awarded PhD in the area of Embedded Systems Design in 2009 and M. Tech degree in 2002 from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. He has published more than 100 research papers in various international journals, conferences and published couple of book. He has published several course development manuals along with the research students and are available @ www.mobileeducationkit.net.
He filed 8 Indian patents along with his research team & collaborators and transferred the patented technology “MySmart Phone Kit” to the industry for commercialization. His research interest includes Engineering Education, Embedded Systems Design, Mobile Architecture and Programming, IoT and Product Design. He is a PI in 7 externally funded sponsored projects by Microsoft, Intel and Nokia and Co PI for two MHRD sponsored projects in collaboration with IIT Delhi and IIIT Delhi and completed 6 projects successfully. He established the state of art Embedded & Electronic Product Design and IoT Innovation Lab in collaboration with Intel, Microsoft, Nokia, Atmel, ARM etc. to provide the quality of education and research with a practical approach. He has received several equipment grants from Intel, Nokia, Microsoft, ARM, IT to name a few and received international travel fellowship from Intel twice. He has conducted more than 60 workshops/ training programs on ‘Mobile Architecture and Programming’, IoT, Design and Development of Smart Devices, AIoT and Product Design for Industry, faculty members and students. He has conducted few tutorials in the national and international conferences and delivered more than 60 expert lectures and keynote sessions. He has more than 20 years’ experience that includes Research, Industry and Teaching. He is a member of CSI, VLSI Society of India and AMIE and guided several UG, PG and PhD students. He received the fellowship from Intel to visit and present the work in USA and Taiwan. He also received an award from Intel for his contribution and promoting technology in higher education.
He served in several administrative positions in the university like Dean Examinations, UG and PG Admission officer, Proctor, HoD-CSE to name a few. He is a member of almost all the university functioning bodies like Board of Management(BoM), Board of Studies( BoS), Academic Counsel (AC), University Court etc.
He was a one of the founder directors of IGDTUW Anveshan Foundation, Section 8 Company and acting director of ETI Labs Pvt, Start-up company started at IGDTUW.
- STP-10Project Based Summer Training Program on “Integrated approach using IoT, Cloud Computing , Mobile Application Development & AI” From 10-06-19 to 20-07-19
- Short Term Course on “Mobile Computing and Application Development”11-15 March, 2019 at IGDTUW,Delhi organized by NITTTR Chandigarh & IGDTUW.
- Hands on workshop on raspberry Pi ,22 feb & 25 Feb at CSE,IGDTUW,delhi
- Participated in three--day conference on Assistive Technology –
Empower 2018 organized by IIT Delhi.
- Project Research Showcase , Review & Action Plan Event of Research Scholars and Project Staff conducted on 23-Sep-2018.
- 9th Summer Training Program on “Build your own Smart Devices based on Open Source Platforms”, 11th June-21st July 2018.
- Tech Fest Event conducted on "Build your own Smart Device", 6th -7th October 2017
- TWFLRA-2017, " International Workshop on Fuzzy Logic Research Applications", 16th-20th September 2017